Friday, June 5, 2009

My Not So Broken Heart

Today we went to Primary Children's Medical Center to have a echocardiogram. A couple of weeks after my birth I discovered I had an ASD (Atrial Septal Defect) and PDA (patent ductus arteriosus) I didn't actually have the echocardiogram today because the cardiologist listened to my heart and couldn't hear a murmur and because I was asymptomatic of probems associated with these conditions. The ECG came back normal as well. I was kicking my little fat legs the whole time. I was making all kind of noises and laughing. I couldn't possibly do that if I was having trouble getting oxygen into my tissues. Most likely these holes in my heart have closed on their own. The doctor told Mum and Dad to bring me back when I'm two just to rule it out for good. He mostly didn't want to sedate me for an exam when I was doing so well. See the diagram the doctor gave me of the different "holes in the heart."

No comments: